The core approach for serious sales and marketing teams over the last decade can be boiled down to two words: Do More. Stop for a moment and think about how much each member of your revenue generation team does compared to what they did 3, 5, or 10 years ago?
There are two problems with this approach:
- Teams are maxed out. They can’t do “more”. We’ve gone beyond the point of diminishing returns.
- The focus on "more" doesn't address the fundamental problem that's dragging your efforts. Without addressing and eliminating (or at least mitigating) the negative friction points within your sales, marketing and customer service/success processes you'll only gain a fraction of the impact for the actions and efforts you're putting forth.
The impact of reducing friction positively impacts your efforts in a multitude of ways, in a manner that reduces the effort required to grow.
Look at the impact we've had with growth-focused organizations:
In the spirit of transparency, we share that in most of our client engagements we are not able to determine a true before & after impact. The reason for this is that most organizations don't have the structure or the data to accurately calculate an existing baseline. The data shared below is based on those cases where we can calculate, and a number of mini-experiments in designing and executing customer acquisition and success programs:
Sales & Rep Productivity
- Increase call volume by 25-50% for sales development reps (SDRs) and prospecting time for full-cycle salespeople
- Decrease administrative time by 10-20% for sales and customer service/success reps
- Decrease sales handoff meetings by 10-25%
- Increase sales qualified lead (SQL) throughput by 3-15%
- Increase early stage account/opportunity development by 30-200%
- Decrease rep time spent on a sale by 30 minutes - 4 hours with no degradation in closing/win rates (if anything there's an increase)
- Increase sales velocity and throughput by 5-25%
- Increase sales capacity by 10-33%
- Real-time reporting and dashboards eliminating 1-3 hours/month per rep on preparation and analysis - that means more time to effectively coach and support your reps
- Greater CRM adoption, compliance and data uniformity
- Higher forecasting accuracy
- Decrease the volume of non-fit leads by 15-40% with a corresponding increase in qualified lead volume of up to 15%
- Increase organic traffic 100-300% & conversion rates 30-100%
- Decrease administrative time by 5-15% so marketers have more time for marketing
- Increase email segmentation by 100-1,000% meaning more personalized, contextualized nurturing and communication
- Increase active email engagement rates by 50-75%
- Increase utilization of content by sales by 20-100%