Imagine Business Development helps small- and mid-sized business enterprises grow. Long before content marketing even had a name, we were leveraging our sales efforts with content. Now, one of our core services is helping our clients create content to support their own sales efforts. We’re reinventing the way companies sell—transforming our client’s go-to-market strategy into a clearly understood, effective execution program.
In this role you will support the marketing and content development efforts of 10 to 15 clients, making sure we are on track to meet our client deadlines and expectations. We will rely on your ability to thoughtfully manage the details of the editorial calendar, to make sure our marketing cultivation blog posts and the corresponding writers are running on schedule, that blog material is edited and ready for posting and that everything is running according to project schedules. We need you to think about the broader issues and meticulously manage logistics to ensure things run smoothly and effectively.
Your success will be defined by your ability to understand the work we do and how we do it, to write well, to prioritize and manage a diverse flow of work, to anticipate the needs of other people, to be organized, and to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for monitoring status and progress of internal project management and alerting account managers of upcoming deadlines, potential conflicts and project deliverables.
- Work with Account Managers to develop and traffic projects internally. Includes project trafficking, from set-up to completion, submitting feedback, blog post development, proofing and testing.
- Serve as central coordinator for creative production process.
- Facilitate communication between freelance blog writers, account managers and clients.
- Ensure that all jobs are being produced to Imagine’s quality and creative standards.
- Assist in the management of a range of vendors and freelancers.
- Provide support for developing necessary sales and marketing tools for client deliverables (spreadsheets, presentations, etc).
Essential Education, Experience, Skills, and Attributes
This position requires the following:
- A sense of humor and an easygoing nature. (If you can dish it out as well as you can take it, you’ll thrive here.)
- Bachelor's degree and at least four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing large scope projects that require coordination across internal and external teams under tight deadlines.
- Prior experience in a marketing or client service environment, ideally including experience in traffic management.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Must be comfortable working with cloud based technology and manipulating PDFs. Familiarity with platforms like Wordpress or Hubspot is ideal. Knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator would be a plus.
- You are meticulously attentive to details, get it right the first time, and accurately keep track of all the moving parts. You are organized and detail-oriented, but you can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall goal. You bring order to competing priorities and keep things running smoothly. You have command of both the process and the details.
- Flexible. You will be working with a variety of clients, staff and vendors to accomplish project requirements. Your flexibility allows you to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment. You easily re-prioritize to seize opportunities, yet remain resolutely focused on long-term priorities.
- Great communicator. You have concise, accurate, and effective written communication skills. You get the information you need and convey the right information in a direct and pleasant manner.
- Project Manager. There is a lot happening and many things changing every day. You keep track of how each change impacts the other ̶ you make sure you’re informed and you keep others informed. You are able to juggle multiple tasks, optimize resources and manage timelines. You thrive on checklists, advance planning and follow through, skillfully managing numerous daily commitments and competing priorities.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Imagine is a fun place to work. We’re a small team without big egos. We take our work very seriously, but never take ourselves too seriously. (And yes, nobody is immune--we all tease the President.)
- This is a key role where your contributions will be appreciated as vital to our organizational success. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your marketing skills and there is potential to grow into other roles within our organization.
- We offer a predictable work schedule that will keep you busy and challenged during the day, but will rarely require you to work evenings or weekends.
- Working here, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of marketing: website, collateral material, sales tools, marketing kits, letters–everything a customer can see, touch, feel or hear. Over time, you will have the opportunity to engage in:
- Revising websites to create a Web 2.0 portal with traffic-building tools such as blogging, forums, wikis, podcasts and other interactive tools.
- Thought leadership creation through white papers, industry articles, online seminars, web-based public relations initiatives and even book publication.
- Creation of a marketing toolkit to create demand and drive go-to-market strategy.
- The development of sales toolkits
Simply email a Word version of your resume to Brent Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing/Account Manager” in the subject line of the email.
We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds including: Ad agency, traffic coordinator, social media coordinator, marketing assistant, communications assistant