Imagine Business Development helps small- and mid-sized business enterprises grow. Long before content marketing even had a name, we were leveraging our sales efforts with content. Now, one of our core services is helping our clients create content to support their own sales efforts. We’re reinventing the way companies sell—transforming our client’s go-to-market strategy into a clearly understood, effective execution program.
In this role, you will work with the client services team, overseeing all content marketing initiatives to drive awareness, sales, engagement, retention and leads. You will be accountable for developing clear and concise marketing and sales-supporting content. You will communicate the voice of the customer in developing positioning and messaging for solutions and services, and provide copy and content that achieves the marketing goals and objectives.
Your success will be defined by your ability to understand the work we do and how we do it, to write well, oversee our network of content creators, to prioritize and manage a diverse flow of work, to anticipate the needs of other people, to be organized and to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders. We’re looking for someone who is strategic, creative, detail-oriented and collaborative, but can work autonomously and is comfortable juggling multiple complex projects at once.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In this role, you will:
- Develop a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work best and why.
- Build, manage and execute the content marketing calendar.
- Ideate, compose, edit, produce and curate outstanding content for multi-channel use (web, email, social, events, etc.)
- Ensure all content marketing is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice; and optimized for search and user experience for all channels, including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Maintain industry knowledge across a diverse range of topics.
- Direct internal and external resources in the development of marketing deliverables.
- Manage writers, editors and content contributors; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing and style.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers.
- Establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing and retiring content.Manage the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
Essential Education, Experience, Skills, and Attributes
This position requires the following:
- A sense of humor and an easygoing nature. (If you can dish it out as well as you can take it, you’ll thrive here.)
- Bachelor's degree and at least four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of journalism, editorial or publishing experience
- Experience managing large scope projects that require coordination across internal and external teams under tight deadlines.
- Prior experience in a marketing or client service environment, ideally including direct content management experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Must be comfortable working with cloud-based technology and manipulating PDFs. Familiarity with platforms like Wordpress or Hubspot is ideal. Knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator would be a plus.
- Experience with social media platforms, Coschedule or other Content Management Software. SEO best practices preferred.
- Experience understanding how to tell a story using words, images or audio and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation, as well as distribution strategies and tactics.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Detail-oriented. You are meticulously attentive to details, get it right the first time and accurately keep track of all the moving parts. You are organized and detail-oriented, but you can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall goal. You bring order to competing priorities and keep things running smoothly. You have command of both the process and the details.
- Flexible. You will be working with a variety of clients, staff and vendors to accomplish project requirements. Your flexibility allows you to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment. You easily re-prioritize to seize opportunities, yet remain resolutely focused on long-term priorities.
- Great Communicator. You have concise, accurate and effective written communication skills. You get the information you need and convey the right information in a direct and pleasant manner.
- Project Manager. There is a lot happening and many things changing every day. You keep track of how each change impacts the other ̶ you make sure you’re informed and you keep others informed. You are able to juggle multiple tasks, optimize resources and manage timelines. You thrive on checklists, advance planning and follow-through, skillfully managing numerous daily commitments and competing priorities.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Imagine is a fun place to work. We’re a small team without big egos. We take our work very seriously but never take ourselves too seriously. (And yes, nobody is immune--we all tease the President.)
- This is a key role where your contributions will be appreciated and vital to our organizational success. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your marketing skills and there is potential to grow into other roles within our organization.
- We offer a predictable work schedule that will keep you busy and challenged during the day but will rarely require you to work evenings or weekends.
- Working here, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of inbound marketing: website, collateral material, sales tools, marketing kits, letters–everything a customer can see, touch, feel or hear.
Simply email a .pdf or Word version of your resume to Jess Cardenas at email@example.com with “Marketing/Account Manager” in the subject line of the email.